This qualification is designed to provide learners with knowledge and skills relating to cyber security practices.
Please note, this course is only available for students aged 19 and over at the start of the course, and is an evening class.
This course will provide the learner with a chance to develop knowledge and learn practical skills which can be used to seek employment or proceed into study at a higher level.
This qualification aims to:
- focus on the study of the practices within cyber security
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical skills
The objective of this qualification is to provide the learner with an opportunity to develop knowledge and skills relating to cyber security practices.More about STEM
- Competent of working at Level 2 standard
- Preferable English and Maths GCSE at grade 4
- Subject to aptitude test
The course is assessed in a variety of ways – such as:
- learner report
- written or oral question and answer
- sample code
You will develop a portfolio of evidence which is assessed by centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE.
Learners must complete the 6 mandatory units.
- Understand cyber security principles
- Threat intelligence in cyber security
- Cyber security testing, vulnerabilities and controls
- Cyber security incident response
- Understand legislation and ethical conduct within cyber security
- Professional skills and behaviours for cyber security
This qualification will provide the learner with a chance to develop knowledge and skills relating to cyber security practices with the view to seeking employment or proceeding to further study in this area.
In addition to the IT sector-specific content covered in this course, the qualification enables learners to develop transferable and higher-order skills that are highly regarded by employers such as research and analysis skills.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security
- Level 4 Certificate for IT Professionals
- Level 4 Certificate in Information and Cyber Security Foundations
- Level 4 Certificate in Cyber Security and Intrusion for Business