Textile Academy – Level 2 Certificate (ABC) Fashion and Textiles
Course Code: 73058-01
If you have a Level 1 already and wish to improve your skills further, this is a great place to study!
|Cost||16-18 No Fee, 19+ Fees to be confirmed|
|When September 2020||Duration1 Year|
Designed as a progression from our basic introduction to Fashion and Textiles, the course will give you an deeper understanding of the processes involved in designing, making and selling garments with options for introductions to specific areas such as footwear.
The units covered are:
- Principles of design for fashion and textiles
- Using industrial machines including flatbed (sewing) machines, overlockers and steam press.
- Garment construction, both for craft (dressmaking) and industrial (for manufacturing)
- Optional units on Footwear, Accessories and Tailoring
- Quality control and inspection
- Health and Safety in the workplace
This is a great course for anyone who already has a Level 1 in Fashion and Textiles. The course will develop your design skills and will expand your knowledge of industry techniques.
The course is assessed by highly qualified tutors who will be on hand to advise and guide throughout.
Keighley College, Textile Academy – where we have a range of machines available.
An interest in Fashion and Textiles is key. Level 1 in Maths and English.
If you are aged 16-18 and do not already have a grade 4/C in English and/or Maths, you will be required to undertake classes for these alongside the vocational qualification.
After completing this course, you can either continue your learning by undertaking another full time course of Level 3 in Fashion and Textiles. Alternatively you could start a Level 3 Garment Maker Apprenticeship.