Apprenticeships for Business
Enjoy the business benefits of hiring an Apprentice
Hiring an apprentice can help your business to develop talent, improve productivity and future-proof your company’s workforce. It is also a great opportunity for you to reduce recruitment costs and have access to high-quality training and support.
Apprenticeships can be used to bridge the skills gap in your organisation. By recruiting and training apprentices, you can develop people in a way that promotes the specific skills required by your business and industry. Apprenticeships are particularly cost-effective as a form of training, because young people are making a contribution to the workplace while they are learning.
It is also a way of upskilling your staff and supporting their professional development, or teaching them skills that are of a higher level.
WHY HIRE AN APPRENTICE?
- 86% of employers said apprenticeships developed skills relevant to their organisation and 78% reported improved productivity.
- 90% of apprentices stay on in their place of work after completing an apprenticeship.
- There’s a wide selection of apprenticeships available covering lots of different job roles.
- You can adapt the training that your apprentice receives according to the needs of your organisation.
- An apprenticeship allows you to diversify and freshen up your workforce.
- You can employ an apprentice who’s aged 16 up to any age and from any background.
OUR APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMMES
Keighley College has a wide and varied apprenticeship offer, covering all industry sectors, including engineering, motor vehicle, construction, textiles and childcare to the growing office-based prospects in customer service, management and marketing.
Keighley College covers all industry sectors below:
- Clinical Healthcare Support (NHS)
- Customer Service
- Fabrication & Welding
- Facilities Services
- Fashion and Textiles
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Health & Social Care
- Laboratory and Science Technicians
- Retail Skills
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Warehousing & Storage
You and your apprentice will be introduced to an industry skilled assessor. They will keep in contact with your apprentice on a regular basis throughout the apprenticeship, including monthly visits to your place of work. There will be an element of blended learning and they will support and guide your apprentice through the 20% off the job training and monitor their progress.
- In recognition of the value apprentices can bring to our economy, an incentive payment will be made to employers who hire an apprentice between 1st August 2020 and 31 March 2021.
- Funding available of up to £3,000.
- You may also be eligible for 100% funding for training
- Contact our specialist business advisors to book your free Skills Planning review
- We can help identify skills gaps, vacancies and staff development opportunities that could be boosted by apprenticeships and flexible training & development
- Create an apprenticeship service account
- Reserve your apprenticeships funds here
- Recruit and access up to £3,000 of apprenticeship incentives and additional payments