Apprenticeships for Business
Enjoy the business benefits of hiring an Apprentice
Hire an apprentice for your business or up-skill your employees to support their professional development.
WHY HIRE AN APPRENTICE?
- 86% of employers said apprenticeships developed skills relevant to their organisation and 78% reported improved productivity.
- 90% of apprentices stay on in their place of work after completing an apprenticeship.
- There’s a wide selection of apprenticeships available covering lots of different job roles.
- You can adapt the training that your apprentice receives according to the needs of your organisation.
- An apprenticeship allows you to diversify and freshen up your workforce.
- You can employ an apprentice who’s aged 16 up to any age and from any background.
Hiring an apprentice can help your business to develop talent, improve productivity and future-proof your company’s workforce. It is also a great opportunity for you to reduce recruitment costs and have access to high-quality training and support.
Apprenticeships can be used to bridge the skills gap in your organisation. By recruiting and training apprentices, you can develop people in a way that promotes the specific skills required by your business and industry. Apprenticeships are particularly cost-effective as a form of training, because young people are making a contribution to the workplace while they are learning. You can also train existing employees to support their professional development.
OUR APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMMES
Keighley College has a wide and varied apprenticeship offer, covering all industry sectors:
- Clinical Healthcare Support (NHS)
- Customer Service
- Fabrication & Welding
- Facilities Services
- Fashion and Textiles
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Health & Social Care
- Laboratory and Science Technicians
- Retail Skills
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Warehousing & Storage
ONGOING SUPPORT FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPRENTICES
You and your apprentice will be introduced to an industry skilled assessor. They will keep in contact with your apprentice on a regular basis throughout the apprenticeship, including monthly visits to your place of work. There will be an element of blended learning and they will support and guide your apprentice through the 20% off the job training and monitor their progress.
HOW IS IT FUNDED?
Employers in England who hire a new apprentice between 1 April 2021 and 30 September 2021 will receive £3,000 per new hire. This is in addition to the existing £1,000 payment the government provides for all new 16-18 year-old apprentices and those aged under 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan, so there could be up to £4,000 in total funding available.
THE NEXT STEPS FOR HIRING AN APPRENTICE
- Contact our specialist business advisors to book your free Skills Planning review
- We can help identify skills gaps, vacancies and staff development opportunities that could be boosted by apprenticeships and flexible training & development
- Create an apprenticeship service account
- Reserve your apprenticeships funds here
- Recruit and access up to £3,000 of apprenticeship incentives and additional payments
MEET THE TEAM