Textiles Apprentice at West Yorkshire Spinners
We have an exciting opportunity for an attentive individual to take up an Apprenticeship position within our Production team. We are an award-winning hand knitting yarn company who provides a friendly and welcoming working environment.
- Learn in detail about the raw materials involved in the production process
- Learn about the feeding and running process
- Learn how the various machinery works
- Learn the importance of maintaining safe working practices
- Slowly move around each aspect of production, including learning the colour process and the calculations involved
GCSEs grade D/3 grade or above in maths and English or Level 1 Functional Skills or equivalent qualifications.
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment and interview.
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be able to easily commute to Keighley
- Good mathematical background
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Be flexible
- Work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
GCSE grades 4/C or above in maths and English (or equivalent).
- Framework Title: Fashion and Textiles level 2
- Functional skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Fashion and Textiles