Textiles Apprentice – West Yorkshire Spinners
Situated in the original home of the British Worsted Spinning Industry, West Yorkshire Spinners combines state of the art technology with generations of expertise and unrivalled know-how to produce British hand knitting yarns and knitted garments of exceptional quality.
At West Yorkshire Spinners we are extremely proud of our British Heritage, we are one of the few remaining worsted spinning companies left in the United Kingdom. We firmly believe that knowing where our raw material comes from guarantees that the quality of the finished product is consistently high.
A fantastic opportunity is available to join our busy but friendly team as a textiles apprentice, in a growing company with great prospects for progression.
Textiles apprentice day to day tasks:
- Learn in detail about the raw materials involved in the production process
- Learn about the feeding and running process
- Learn how the various machinery works
- Learn the importance of maintaining safe working practices
- Slowly move around each aspect of production, including learning the colour process and the calculations involved
GCSE grades 4/C or above in maths and English (or equivalent)
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment and interview.
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Be flexible
- Work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be able to easily commute to Keighley
- Good mathematical background
- Excellent attention to detail
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Textiles
Level 2 Certificate in Manufacturing Textile Products (NVQ) (QCF)
Functional Skills qualifications:
– Level 1 Functional Skill in English
– Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
– Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills