Electrical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice at Byworth Boilers
Byworth Boilers are the leading British manufacturers of advanced steam and hot water boilers for industrial applications.
Byworth recently won the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation, in recognition of their smart boiler control system, Unity. The first of its kind on the market, Unity has achieved outstanding results by making customers’ plant safer and more efficient, as well as reducing emissions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice who is interested in working to drawings, manufacturing and other engineering projects. Ideally, the candidate will also be interested in Presswork and Thread cutting.
This role involves:
- Operating machinery according to directions in daily work schedule
- Control panel building / wiring
- Electrical fitting
- Electrical fault finding and maintenance
- Pipe fitting
- Light fabrication
- Boiler fitting
- Combustion maintenance
- Commissioning of boiler plant
- PLC / DCS programming and commissioning.
- To maintain accurate records relating to daily work activity.
- To communicate effectively with all other colleagues.
- To actively participate in any/all continuous improvement activities.
- To share experience and best practice with colleagues.
- To demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
- To apply best practice in areas with regard to Health & Safety, Quality procedures and Job Safety.
- To be proactive and recommend improvements in all relevant areas of the business.
- Any other duties as required by the Management Team.
GCSE grades C/4 or above in maths and English or AS levels (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
This is a fixed term contract for the duration of your apprenticeship with the potential of this position becoming permanent as a Commissioning Engineer in the Service Team.
- Excellent Numeracy skills
- Ability to use initiative when working alone, within given instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to providing excellent standards of customer service
- Reliable and punctual with the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Helpful and friendly
- Willingness to go that extra mile and use initiative
- You must have good communications skills.
- An enthusiastic personality
- Organisational skills
- Be of smart appearance
- Have good time keeping skills
- Be eager to learn
- Level 3 Engineering Maintenance Framework
- Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance (Electrical)
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
- Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 2 Functional Skill in ICT
- Level 2 Functional Skill in maths and English
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- The program is delivered on a day release basis.
- On average 48 months depending on previous experience and qualifications