Customer Service Apprentice – Acorn Stairlifts
Located in the Steeton, Acorn Stairlifts has supplied more than 400,000 high quality stairlifts during the last 23 years. Since their earliest days in 1992, Acorn has strived to set new standards in quality and innovation for the stair lift industry. Pioneering designs and engineering excellence have led the way and helped Acorn grow to become the world’s leading independent company specialising solely in the manufacture and installation of stair lifts.
This job offers a fantastic opportunity to join our busy Service Team to provide customer support and liaise with our field engineers. You will learn a wide variety of office skills working with our friendly and highly professional team and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- Answering calls regarding breakdowns & service issues in a courteous manner and offering a high level of Customer Service
- Resolving minor technical problems over the phone, and if unable to resolve, allocate effectively for a Service Engineer to attend
- Scheduling Service Engineers to attend breakdowns and services
- Plan Engineers routes effectively for the following day and foreseeable future
- Dealing with minor complaints and being aware when complaints need to be escalated to a supervisor
GCSE grades C/4 or above in Maths and English.
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
- Working with the elderly / vulnerable (Desirable)
- Working as part of a team
- Good UK geographical knowledge (Desirable)
- Good telephone manner
- Verbal communication
- Inspiring commitment
- Planning and managing resource
- To go above and beyond for the company and its customers
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service
- Length of Programme: 15 months (over 2 years at college)
- Mode of delivery: Day Release
- Course content:
- Competence and Knowledge qualification:
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 and 2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 and 2 Functional Skill in maths
- Level 1 and 2 Functional Skill in ICT
- + Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- + Personal Learning and Thinking Skills