Sport – 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
Course Code: 76079-01
Do you have a keen interest in sports and young people? Would you like to teach children the importance of physical education within a school setting? If so, this new-for-September-2020 course is perfect for you!
Due to the nature of this qualification, it can also help learners towards becoming a teaching assistant.
|Cost||16-18 No Fee, 19+ £2,882 (Fees may be subject to change) Advanced Learner Loan may be applied for.|
|When 07/09/2020||Duration1 year|
The 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport has been developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE) and with the support of Compass, the association of sports and activity providers. It is a competence-based qualification that confirms occupational competency for those operating in a school-sport setting and provides an introduction to further opportunities for them to work within physical education and school sport as a:
- higher level teaching assistant (HLTA)
- teaching assistant
- sports development officer
- sports coach, volunteer or leader
The qualification is perfect for those who already work, or aspire to work, in a physical education and school sport setting as it specifically designed to provide them with a greater understanding of programmes of study for physical education, the national curriculum and the environment in which they will be operating.
What’s more, an additional benefit is that completing this qualification can help learners work towards becoming a TA. This is because it can also lead to the achievement of the Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, which is a qualification that provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding for those working directly with children and young people in schools.
- Unit 1 – Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Unit 2 – Schools as organisations
- Unit 3 – Understand Child and Young People Development
- Unit 4 – Understand how to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 5 – Support assessment for learning
- Unit 6 – Plan a Physical Education and School Sport Programme
- Unit 7 – Deliver a Physical Education and School Sport Programme
- Unit 8 – Review the Delivery of a Physical Education and School Sport Programme
- Unit 9 – Organise and lead a sports event or competition
- Unit 10 – Preparing for the mentoring role
- Unit 11 – Support gifted and talented learners
- Unit 12 – Facilitate community-based sport and physical activity
The qualification will develop the learner’s knowledge and skills in order to be able to independently lead the delivery of PE and sport programmes in a school sport environment. While it is delivered through the medium of PESS, learners aspiring to work in other sporting roles, such as coaching, may use the skills.
This qualification contains a range of units to be completed by the learner. Each unit is comprised of a number of learning outcomes and identified assessment criteria to be completed. Learning Outcomes that begin ‘The learner will understand..’ will be assessed through theory-based activities. Learning Outcomes that begin ‘The learner will be able to…’ are assessed through practical activities.
Practical sports facilities (outdoor and indoor) and classrooms/ICT suites.
Learners are required to be able to communicate effectively;y in English (including listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Learners must also hold a Level 2 physical education or sport related qualification, examples include:
- the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education ands School Sport.
- GCSE in Physical Education (Grades 4-9)
- a Level 2 National Governing Body of Sport coaching qualification
- a Level 2 BTEC in Sport
- a Level 2 qualification in sports/activity leadership or
- a 1st4sport recognised equivalent.
Learners could progress onto a Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.