GCSE Science (AQA)
Course Code: 73031-01
AQA Combined Science Synergy 8465
|Cost||£795 full cost applicable. This includes the exam fee.|
|When 09/09/2019||Duration1 Year - Part Time|
The GCSE Science can be done for interest or to improve your understanding of how things work. The course includes the traditional elements of Chemistry, Physics and Biology. There is a substantial practical element to the course which will be assessed as part of the exam papers in the summer.
Life & Environmental Sciences:
- Building Blocks; Transport over larger distances; Interactions with the environment and explaining change
- Building blocks for understanding; Interactions over small and large distances; movement and interactions and guiding spaceship Earth towards a sustainable future.
You will be assessed by 4 exams. Exams take place in May & June. They are 1hour 45mins each.
- Paper 1 Life & Environmental Sciences
- Paper 2 Life & Environmental Sciences
- Paper 3 Physical Sciences
- Paper 4 Physical Sciences
Each exam is worth 25% of the final grade
Classrooms at Keighley College
You will need a grade D or 3 in GCSE English and grade D or 3 n GCSE in Maths, although others equivalent qualifications or experience may be accepted.
The qualification will enable you to study science at Level 3.
You may require GCSE science to enter employment in Teaching Nursing, Physiotherapy, Sport & Leisure, Management and Health & Social Care.
The GCSE is also a requirement of many Level 3 science related courses as well as many university degrees.