For anyone with a keen interest in plumbing, this course also includes some basic construction skills which will come in handy if you secure work on a site in the future.
Please note, this course is only available to students aged 19 years and over.
This qualification targets everyone who has a desire to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding around plumbing. As well as attending this course as a stepping stone to plumbing as a career, the course also includes units on heating and building services, and engineering in construction.
This is a part-time evening course, run over 2 years.
Entry RequirementsIdeally candidates will be qualified to level 1 in plumbing of possess a good standard of secondary education – to be verified at interview.
Assessment TypesAssessment of competency will be in the form of written assessments, portfolio work and practical exercises.
To achieve the full Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing, learners must achieve the credits from the mandatory units listed below.
- Unit 201-Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering (3 credits)
- Unit 202-Electrical Principles and Processes for Building Services Engineering (5 credits)
- Unit 203-Scientific Principles for Plumbing (3 credits)
- Unit 204-Common Plumbing Processes (6 credits)
- Unit 205-Cold Water systems (credits TBC)
- Unit 206-Domestic Hot Water Systems (6 credits)
- Unit 207-Sanitation (5 credits)
- Unit 208-Central Heating (6 credits)
- Unit 209-Drainage Systems (4 credits)
- Unit 210-Communication (3 credits)
Benefits/SkillsDevelop knowledge, skills and understanding around plumbing.
Careers/ProgressionStudents generally progress to Level 3 plumbing mechanical engineering services.