Plumbing – Level 2 Technical Certificate
Course Code: 77003-01
For anyone with a keen interest in plumbing, this course also includes some basic construction skills which will come in handy if you secure work on a site in the future.
|Cost||16-18 no fee. 19+ £1.250 Fees may be subject to change|
|When 09/09/2019||Duration1 year|
|LevelLevel 2||Attendancefull time|
This qualification targets everyone who has a desire to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding around plumbing. As well as attending this course as a stepping stone to plumbing as a career, the course also includes units on heating and building services, and engineering in construction.
To achieve the full Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing, learners must achieve the credits from the mandatory units listed in the table below.
- Unit 201-Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering (3 credits)
- Unit 202-Electrical Principles and Processes for Building Services Engineering (5 credits)
- Unit 203-Scientific Principles for Plumbing (3 credits)
- Unit 204-Common Plumbing Processes (6 credits)
- Unit 205-Cold Water systems (credits TBC)
- Unit 206-Domestic Hot Water Systems (6 credits)
- Unit 207-Sanitation (5 credits) Unit 208-Central Heating (6 credits)
- Unit 209-Drainage Systems (4 credits) Unit 210-Communication (3 credits)
Develop knowledge, skills and understanding around plumbing.
Assessment of competency will be in the form of written assessments, portfolio work and practical exercises.
Workshops and Classrooms
Ideally candidates will be qualified to level 1 in plumbing of possess a good standard of secondary education – to be verified at interview.
Students generally progress to Level 3 plumbing mechanical engineering services.