OverviewThis qualification is ideal for learners who want to develop an understanding of the essential skills required to work successfully in a business environment, and gives them an understanding of business culture and responsibilities. This qualification also allows learners to develop the skills required to solve problems, communicate and work effectively with others, and gives them the opportunity to learn how to manage and improve their own performance in a business environment. This is a 1 year course that offers progression opportunities to the second year of this qualification, employment or higher education.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Mathematics and/or English or equivalent.
Students should have a genuine interest in Business, a commitment to complete homework and project work on time and the ability to communicate and demonstrate socially acceptable behaviour in College.
Assessment TypesYou will be assessed through a variety of methods, including but not limited to, individual reports, presentations and observations.
- This qualification provides transferable skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in any business setting.
- You will develop your understanding in planning, running and delivering your own project
Units and Modules will include:
- Unit 2: Deliver customer service in a business environment
- Unit 4: Solve problems in a business environment
- Unit 5: Work with others in a business environment
- Unit 7: Contribute to running a project
- Unit 9: Manage and improve own performance in a business environment
- Unit 10: Respond to change in a business environment
The method of teaching used on the course is similar to university so it is an ideal preparation for entry.
If you want to enter employment you will gain many skills such as problem solving, teamwork and communication. This makes you a more attractive candidate to prospective employers.
You will also develop your skills in Maths and English.
Additionally, you will be given the opportunity to take part in college events such as fundraising, open days and sporting events.
This qualification has UCAS points as follows: Distinction*: 56 Distinction: 48 Merit: 32 Pass: 16
Students who obtain a Merit or Distinction grade may progress onto a degree or foundation degree in Business Management.
Alternatively, you could enter employment in various areas of business such as events, marketing, local government and other public sector organisations.