This is a 1 year course that offers progression opportunities to Level 3 qualifications in customer service within the Travel and Tourism, Sport, Business, Enterprise and Events department here at Keighley College.
It is designed to give you an experience of the customer service sector with a particular focus on customer service delivery in the workplace. The course will support the development of a wide range of transferable skills and help you prepare for a career in customer service. Work placements are a compulsory part of this course and we try to offer placements in a variety of customer service settings.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D including English and/or ideally Maths or equivalent (e.g. Level 1 Functional Skills), NVQ1 or satisfactory completion of a Foundation learning programme at Level 1 with a minimum of 37 credits.
Interest / experience in customer service.
If you are under 19 and you do not already have English and Maths GCSE grades A-C or equivalent, you will be required to undertake GCSE or Functional Skills alongside your main qualification
Assessment will be based on a portfolio of evidence produced through classroom activities.
All assessments are internal through assignments and there are no exams.
- You will develop your understanding of the roles and responsibilities of customer service.
- You will develop your understanding of the principles of effective team working.
Units and Modules will include:
- Principles of Customer Service and Delivery (Y/507/5967)
- Understand Customers (D/507/5968)
- Understand Employer Organisations (A/507/5895)
- Understand How to Deliver Customer Service Online
- Understand How to Resolve Problems and Deliver Customer Service to Challenging Customers
- Develop your leadership skills
- Develop your teamwork skills
- Contribute towards running an event
- Work placement opportunities in a variety of settings
Careers/ProgressionSuccessful completion of the Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Principles of Customer Service along with a good attendance record and a positive reference from your tutor could lead to progression on to a Level 3 course in Business, Enterprise and Events, Travel and Tourism, Sport, Health and Social Care, Engineering, an apprenticeship or employment within the customer service industry.