This course is taught by experienced travel and tourism staff who bring their knowledge of the industry to achieve the course aims. They will offer support to provide learners with an understanding of the principles of the travel and tourism industry and allow them to explore the various avenues of work within this industry and to allow learners to gain transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
The objective of this qualification is to help learners to gain an understanding of the travel and tourism industry to prepare learners to progress to further study at level 3 and higher and understand and develop the skills necessary to work within the travel and tourism industry.
The course will use a blend of practical and theory assessment methods in subject areas such as customer service, World and UK travel destinations and travel agency operations.
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- An appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- Appropriate interpersonal skills
- Communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- Supporting other aspiring employees
- Personal manners and deportment
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation
Who is this course for?
These qualifications are designed for learners who want to go on to further learning at Level 3 or into a relevant travel and tourism role. They’re particularly relevant for those aged 16-18 undertaking a large programme of full-time study but are also relevant to adult learners who may be changing career or entering a new industry and need a solid background in this area.
Entry Requirements3 GCSEs at level 3 or above or equivalent.
The course is based on a portfolio built over the year and includes:
- Practical assessments
- Written assignment Tasks
- Unit 01 Customer service in travel and tourism
- Unit 02 The UK travel and tourism industry
- Unit 03 Travel and tourism destinations
- Unit 07 Travel agency operations
- Unit 08 Hospitality in travel and tourism
- Unit 16 UK coastal tourism
Benefits/SkillsFrom this course you will gain an insight into the travel and tourism industry and develop skills such as teamworking, communication and knowledge of the travel industry that will position you for future employment.
Learners who achieve these qualifications could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Employment in the Travel and Tourism industry