This qualification will broaden your knowledge of the various areas within the Health, Social and Childcare sectors. They include the roles played by workers, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others.
In addition to your lectures, you have the opportunity to gain work experience and find out what it’s really to work in the sector.
As this is a 12 week course, start dates can be negotiated throughout the academic year to reflect demand and individual requirements.
Assessment TypesYou will be assessed through an array of assessment methods: written work, posters/leaflets, peer assessment, observations and professional discussion. Witness testimonies and prior learning will also be used to assess you. Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
There are a wide range of units covered, including but not limited to:
- Human growth and developmentIntroduction to a healthy lifestyle
- Understand the range of service provision and roles within health and social care for adults and children
- Introductory awareness of working with others in health, social care and children’s and young people sectors
- Introduction to the physical care of babies and young children
- Understand the importance of engagement in leisure and social activities in health and social care
There is the option to take units in more specialised areas such as learning disability, sensory loss or mental health.
Benefits/SkillsYou will develop skills to care for others and the responsibilities of working as a professional in a caring environment.
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
You may choose to continue your studies in College and progress a Level 2 course in Health and Social Care or Childcare.
Your Level 1 qualification can provide you with excellent skills to benefit your current role in the workplace, and if you wish to progress in your current role this is a great start to your studies.