This qualification is designed for anyone wishing to start out in a career in the engineering & technology sector. The course will introduce student to vehicle servicing, maintenance and repair, while developing hand tool and fitting skills. The course will also include an introduction to fabrication, including soldering and welding principles.
OverviewMotor vehicle servicing, engines, cooling, tyres, braking, suspension, exhaust, starting and lighting systems. Engineering hand tools and fabrication & MIG welding.
Who is this course for?This qualification is designed for anyone wishing to start out in a career in the engineering & technology sector.
Entry RequirementsNo entry requirements.
- Coursework in the form of workshop job card and write ups
- Practical assessments including vehicle services, an engineering project and soldering and welding tasks
- Motor vehicle system and maintenance
- Fabrication and welding
- Engineering tools and materials
During this course students will learn a range of skills such as:
- The ability to maintain and repair vehicle service components
- The ability to fabricate and form engineering projects through a range of hand tool and fitting skills
Upon completion of this course students may progress onto a range of level 2 courses:
- Level 2 Motor vehicle maintenance and repair principles.
- Level 2 Fabrication & welding technical certificate.
- Level 2 Engineering technologies