Beauty – Make-Up Artistry and Hair Level 2 Diploma
Course Code: 72146-01
This programme of study will interest students who would like to work within the make-up industry, such as fashion, photographic studios, make-up counters or study as preparation for further education, such as the Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Make Up Techniques.
|Cost||16-18 No Fee, 19+ £1,200 (Fees may be subject to change)|
|When 09/09/2019||Duration1 Year|
The programme will give you a comprehensive coverage of various fashion photographic make-up techniques.
You will have the opportunity to work in realistic locations with a professional photographer, carry out work experience such as working on actors in theatrical performances and enter external competitions.
You will be taught be highly qualified tutors who specialise in high fashion make-up and hair.
The course is designed to introduce students to the skills and knowledge of a professional. Units you will study include:
- Anatomy and physiology for make-up artists
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Continuity planning for make-up services
- Total look for completion work
- Face and body art painting
- Fashion and editorial make-up
- Dress and finish hair services
You will learn a wide range of skills including:
- Media Make-Up sills to a Level 2 standard
- Dressing hair with confidence and flair
- Communication skills
- Confidence skills
- Industry understanding
- Work experience and enterprise skills
- Competition opportunities
- Minimum standards and expectations within the industry
You will be assessed by a range of methods, including:
- Practical input
- Practical end of unit exams
- online or written exams to assess theory
- realistic practical working environment
- Professional photographic portfolio building
- Work experience within the industry
- Reflection and evaluation journals
- Continuous feedback
Classrooms, our state of the art salons and external work experience.
3 GCSE’s at least grades 4-9 including Maths and English, or a Level 1 qualification in Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy with the appropriate level of English and Maths. Art/Design or Drama is desirable, and hairdressing work experience would be an advantage.
You should have good communication skills, practical skills and have a level of artistic flair.
If you are under 19 and you do not already have English and Maths GCSE grades 4-9 or equivalent you will be required to undertake GCSE or Functional Skills alongside your main qualification.
This is a professional level qualification which is recognised internationally within the industry, allowing successful candidates to progress into employment within the sales industry or work as a counter sales advisor/assistant.
In addition, students can progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Make Up Techniques.