Textile Academy – Level 1 Certificate (ABC) Fashion and Textiles
Course Code: 73057-01
Designed as a basic introduction to Fashion and Textiles, the course will give you an understanding of the processes involved in designing, making and selling garments.
|Cost||16-18 No Fee, 19+ Fees to be confirmed|
|When September 2020||Duration1 Year|
- The Level 1 Fashion and Textiles is perfect for students interested in working in the Fashion or Textiles industry.
- Working in our Textile Academy, students can gain experience in the Fashion and textiles industry including designing and making clothes, fabric design and how to work with factories.
- The course will allow students to gain the skills, knowledge and understanding to start a career in the fashion and textiles industry.
The units covered are:
- Principles of design for fashion and textiles
- Drafting patterns, their markings, using patterns and making your own.
- Using industrial machines including flatbed (sewing) machines, overlockers and steam press.
- Garment construction, both for craft (dressmaking) and industrial (for manufacturing)
- Quality control and inspection
- Health and Safety in the workplace
This is a great course for anyone wanting to get a taster of working in the Fashion or Textile industry. The course will develop your design skills and you will learn ho w to start to develop your ideas into garments.
The course is assessed by highly qualified tutors who will be on hand to advise and guide throughout.
Keighley College, Textile Academy – where we have a range of machines available.
An interest in Fashion and Textiles is key. No other qualifications are required.
If you are aged 16-18 and do not already have a grade 4/C in English and/or Maths, you will be required to undertake classes for these alongside the vocational qualification.
After completing this course, you can either continue your learning by undertaking another full time course of Level 2 in Fashion and Textiles. Alternatively you could start a Level 2 Sewing Machinist Apprenticeship.