OverviewThis course is for learners who have some knowledge and basic skills in production or maintenance engineering to enable them to progress safely into the workplace/employment or who want increase their skills and progress onto more advanced qualifications in the engineering sector.
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing sheet metal components and assemblies
- Preparing and using manual metal arc welding equipment
- Preparing and using manual TIG or plasma-arc welding equipment
- Preparing and using manual MIG, MAG and other continuous wire welding equipment
Benefits/SkillsIt allows learners to learn, develop and apply the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the engineering sector.
Careers/ProgressionThis qualification forms a major component of Semta’s engineering apprenticeship framework.