Digital Skills for Employment and Life Introduction
Course Code: 77049-01
Would you like to develop your digital skills? This employment-focused course will help you improve your IT and employability skills ready for the workplace. You will learn more about how technology has changed and influenced job roles, the digital skills demanded by employers, improving your CV, interview preparation and matching your skills against job descriptions.
This course is delivered online with tutor support and is suitable for anyone aged 19+ with internet access. There are no exams, instead you will be assessed via conversations and online tasks. You do not need any formal qualifications to be accepted on to this course.
Fee: Free for unemployed adults who are UK residents. It is available for other adults but charges may apply. Proof of employment status required in order to enrol.
|When 29/06/2020Various||Duration3 weeks (25 hours total)|
|LevelLevel 1||AttendancePart-time time|
On this course you will:
- Match your skills against possible job roles
- Develop a greater understanding of digital skills
- Gain an awareness of changes within job roles as digital technology has been introduced
- Identify what digital skills you need for work in different job roles
- Learn how a growth mindset will allow us to embrace digital technologies
- Understand ‘Key Words’ in electronic applications and how to map own skills to job description
- Learn how to answer interview questions with confidence
The course is made up of the following units:
- Digital Skills for the Workplace
- Digital Skills for Personal Life
- Digital Application Forms
- Preparation for Interview Questions
In addition to the main course content, there will be materials and help available for anyone needing to update their CV and\or register with job search sites and upload CVs
You will develop use of internet, Creating and editing documents, use of e-mail, video calls\meetings, sharing documents.
Throughout the course you will complete and submit tasks, quizzes and conversations with tutor which will be used to form a portfolio of work that will be assessed by your tutor. When the portfolio is complete you will gain a college certificate.
The course will be delivered online and will include tutor contact via Google Hangouts Video, Google Hangouts Messages, Google meets and e-mail.
Benefits of this programme include:
- Flexible online delivery.
- Development of digital skills to aid with employment.
- Opportunities to build confidence in job interviews.
- Progression support to other digital courses.
In order to be eligible to do this course, learners will need a computer with camera for video calls (or smartphone if computer has no camera) and access to the internet.
This course is not suitable for people who have never used a computer.
Following the completion of this course you may progress to a higher level digital technologies course in the future.
This course is delivered online with tutor support.