Digital & IT – Digital Games Production BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma
Course Code: 73022-01
Through the creation of games products, students gain an insight into how the games/media industry works. Students carry out all relevant planning and learn how to use the specialist software to record and edit their own games and media products.
|Cost||16-18 No Fee, 19+TBC|
|When 07/09/2020||Duration1 year|
|LevelLevel 2||Attendancefull time|
All projects are based on realistic media settings and deadlines, with students gaining the opportunity to practice a range of game skills such as animating, making games, games testing, digital art, editing and sound recording. The skills and knowledge students develop in this year allows them to progress into the specialist areas at Level 3 Games.
In addition to studying your main programme you will also develop your skills in Maths and English as required. You will also have tutorial sessions in which an individual Learning Plan will be set and your progress monitored to ensure you reach your maximum potential.
- Students complete projects and assignments using practical skills and written reports.
- Two external exam units.
- Each unit is assessed as a Pass, Merit, or Distinction.
Computer Technology rooms at Keighley Campus.
Students need: 4 GCSEs at Grade D or above including English Language or Maths.
- Be able to communicate ideas and opinions in a spoken, written and visual context.
- Have a passion to work in the Games industry.
- Be able to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Be able to organise themselves and work to deadlines.
At the end of your course you may choose to move on to a Level 3 games qualification in a more specialised field of games and media:
- Moving images
- Games development
- Sound recording
- Motion graphics
- Digital Art
- Web technologies as well as options throughout Creative Arts and beyond