This is the progression course for people who have completed the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation or for applicants with a previous qualification at the same level in a suitably related area and wishes to either seek work as an electrician or work in the wider electrical engineering or installation field.
Completion of this course could lead you to the following employment opportunities:
- Installation electrician
- Maintenance electrician
Entry RequirementsSuccessful completion of Level 2 Electrical Installations (2365-02) within the last 5 years. Maths and English at a grade 4 (grade C on the old scale) as a minimum.
Assessment TypesAt the end of the course, there will be an exam with one chance of a resit alongside a synoptic assessment.
The course will cover the following units:
- Planning and overseeing electrical work activities
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical design and installation practices and procedures
- Principles of inspection, testing and commissioning electrical systems
- Inspecting, testing and commissioning electrical systems
- Electrical system fault diagnosis and rectification
- Requirements for electrical installations
Benefits/SkillsYou will become an independent learner with a range of theoretical knowledge and practical skills which will enable you to enter the world of working in an electrical environment.
Careers/ProgressionUpon completion of this course, you will be qualified to Level 3 standards, meaning you will be able to seek employment as an electrician, or decide to set up on your own.