This qualification will broaden your knowledge of the various areas within the Health, Social and Childcare sectors. They include the roles played by workers, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others.
In addition to your lectures, you have the opportunity to gain work experience and find out what it’s really like to work in the sector.
Assessment TypesYou will be assess through an array of assessment methods: written work, posters/leaflets, peer assessment, observations and professional discussion.
There are a wide range of units covered, including but not limited to:
- Human growth and development
- Introduction to a healthy lifestyle
- Understand the range of service provision and roles within health and social care for adults and children
- Introductory awareness of working with others in health, social care and children’s and young people sectorsintroduction to the physical care of babies and young children
- Understand the importance of engagement in leisure and social activities in health and social care
There is the option to take units in more specialised areas such as learning disability, sensory loss or mental health.
Benefits/SkillsYou will develop skills to care for others and the responsibilities of working as a professional in a caring environment. By undertaking work placements, you will learn to understand what is expected of you in future jobs.
Careers/ProgressionYou will receive advice on careers and further study during your course. After successful completion of the course, you can choose to seek employment, apply for an apprenticeship or traineeship in Health & Social Care / Clinical Support work. You can also apply for a Level 2 course in Health & Social Care or Childcare, or other Level 2 courses.