Business & IT – Digital Games Design & Development BTEC Level 3 National Diploma
Course Code: 73047-01
Computer and video games are the fastest growing, most exciting art form of the 21st century.
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to appreciate the effort required in creating computer games.
|Cost||16-18 No Fee, 19+TBC|
|When 07/09/2020||Duration1 year|
|LevelLevel 3||Attendancefull time|
You will develop your skills in using a range of software and programming languages. You will develop the personal and organisational skills required by employers and universities.
Benefits and Skills you will develop will include:
- Image manipulation and digital painting techniques for computer games
- Video production and editing 3D modelling and animation concept art
- Games testing
- Games story development
All the programme units are assignment based (both practical and written).
Computer Technology rooms at Keighley Campus.
Students need one of the following: 4 GCSE’s 4 or above including English Language, a Level 2 First Diploma at Merit or above, including GCSE English Language at 4 or above or a Level 2 Functional Skill in English.
- Be able to communicate ideas and opinions in a spoken, written and visual context
- Be confident with computers
- Be able to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Be able to organise themselves and work to deadlines
Successful students have progressed to university to study specialist subjects such as:
- Games design
- 3D modelling
- Graphic design
- Concept art
- Computer animation
- Special effects
- Film making
- Interactive media
- Web development
- Computer programming
We will support you in UCAS applications or progression to work.