BTEC Level 1 Introductory in Vocational Studies will develop your skills, knowledge and attributes which will enable you to sustain and be successful in your chosen course of study.
OverviewThis course is practical based, with some written elements used to support this. Whilst in college you will take part in group activities and discussions, you will keep a portfolio of the work done in class and you will have individual discussions with your tutor to discuss your progress.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for someone who is not sure what they would like to do for their future career. It is designed to give you a good solid foundation and prepare you for college life.
If you want the opportunity to enhance your confidence and communication in order to progress onto your chosen area of study, along with gaining qualifications and an insight into vocational areas, then this is the course for you.
- 2 GCSE’s at Grade 2 or equivalent
- A keen interest in developing personal and employability skills
- Successful Interview
- Assessor observation
- Witness testimony
- Work product
- Record of professional discussion
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Learner and peer reports
- A1 Being Organised
- A2 Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- SP12 Keeping Active and Healthy
- IT9 Creating a Website
- PS11 Contributing to your community
- Unit 7 Exploring Resilience
- Unit 2 Understanding Emotional Wellbeing
- You will develop your personal skills to help you progress to a higher level of study and gain future employment. This includes studying English and Maths
- You will expand your experience through participating in classroom activities and practical study
- You will gain valuable work experience through undertaking volunteering activities, helping you build your CV
- You will be provided with careers advice to help you progress in your chosen vocational area after completing the course
- You will achieve a BTEC Level 1 Vocational studies From a September start, Jan/Feb start Entry 3
Jobs in this sectorLive data from the DoE's LMI API
Vocational and industrial trainers and instructorsAverage Salary
179,523Job market for 2022
185,198Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 5675 future jobs in the next 3 years.
Human resource managers and directorsAverage Salary
172,104Job market for 2022
178,883Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 6779 future jobs in the next 3 years.
Chief executives and senior officialsAverage Salary
84,657Job market for 2022
87,991Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 3334 future jobs in the next 3 years.
Higher education teaching professionalsAverage Salary
181,508Job market for 2022
190,792Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 9284 future jobs in the next 3 years.
Business and related associate professionals n.e.c.Average Salary
162,531Job market for 2022
167,668Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 5137 future jobs in the next 3 years.
Careers advisers and vocational guidance specialistsAverage Salary
37,854Job market for 2022
39,051Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 1197 future jobs in the next 3 years.
Mobile machine drivers and operatives n.e.c.Average Salary
58,867Job market for 2022
59,086Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 219 future jobs in the next 3 years.
Actors, entertainers and presentersAverage Salary
55,968Job market for 2022
56,307Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 339 future jobs in the next 3 years.
Business, research and administrative professionals n.e.c.Average Salary
56,049Job market for 2022
57,557Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 1508 future jobs in the next 3 years.
Further education teaching professionalsAverage Salary
132,641Job market for 2022
139,425Esimtated job market for 2025Estimated 6784 future jobs in the next 3 years.