OverviewThis course is practical based, with some written elements used to support this. Whilst in college you will take part in group activities and discussions, you will keep a portfolio of the work done in class and you will have individual discussions with your tutor to discuss your progress.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for someone who is not sure what they would like to do for their future career. It is designed to give you a good solid foundation and prepare you for college life.
If you want the opportunity to enhance your confidence and communication in order to progress onto your chosen area of study, along with gaining qualifications and an insight into vocational areas, then this is the course for you.
- 2 GCSE’s at Grade 2 or equivalent
- A keen interest in developing personal and employability skills
- Successful Interview
- Assessor observation
- Witness testimony
- Work product
- Record of professional discussion
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Learner and peer reports
- A1 Being Organised
- A2 Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- SP12 Keeping Active and Healthy
- IT9 Creating a Website
- PS11 Contributing to your community
- Unit 7 Exploring Resilience
- Unit 2 Understanding Emotional Wellbeing
- You will develop your personal skills to help you progress to a higher level of study and gain future employment. This includes studying English and Maths
- You will expand your experience through participating in classroom activities and practical study
- You will gain valuable work experience through undertaking volunteering activities, helping you build your CV
- You will be provided with careers advice to help you progress in your chosen vocational area after completing the course
- You will achieve a BTEC Level 1 Vocational studies From a September start, Jan/Feb start Entry 3