Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship adds more responsibility to the role. You could help plan, carry out and evaluate a wide range of learning activities. You’ll work both alongside the teacher to support classroom activities, and alone with individuals or groups of students. It’s a good stepping-stone to a foundation degree or Higher Level Teaching Assistant training.
|When Flexible start dates||Duration12 - 15 months|
|LevelLevel 3||AttendanceFull time employment with day release time|
Competence qualifications available to this pathway:
– Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
Functional Skills qualifications:
– Level 2 Functional Skill in English
– Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
– Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Teaching/Classroom/Learning support Assistant
- Behaviour Support Assistant/Coordinator
- Pastoral/Welfare Support Assistant
- Bilingual Support Assistant
- Team Leader
Minimum Level 1 in English and Maths but GCSE C in both preferable.
Delivered entirely in the workplace. Apprentices will be visited once a month in the workplace and delivery will take place on a one to one basis. As there is no college attendance it is recommended at least 2 hours per week is spent away from the working role to concentrate on any development activities set.