Business Admin Apprentice at SLP Print
SLP Print is an established Lithographic Label and Packaging Printer, based in Keighley West Yorkshire.
As a successful, small yet highly motivated and growing business, SLP Print are looking for a driven individual, not necessarily experienced in printing, but with a strong desire to be a team player in a department with like-minded people, assisting in all manners of administration.
As a business administration apprentice at SLP Print, you will be required to complete the following duties:
- Answering the telephone, taking and passing on messages, dealing with visitors
- Booking in appointments, printing quotation packs
- Preparing, updating, and maintaining accurate customer records
- Managing office supplies and ensuring best value when liaising with suppliers
- Preparing invoices and purchase orders to support finance teams
- Facilitate and work alongside other team members with the many different processes of administration
- Use PC based systems such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and a supporting MIS system
- Make and receive telephone calls to and from suppliers/customers
- Correspond and be a ‘link’ between administration in the office and the factory shop floor
C or above in Maths and English (Or Level 1 Functional Skills) plus a good level of IT skills.
- Excellent team player
- Good communicator
- Organised, methodical worker
- Ability to plan and work to deadlines
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Computer literate
- Personable, willing, and enthusiastic
You will need to be:
- Reliable and punctual with the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- A proactive approach to learning and work is essential
- Degree of maturity required
- Confident and well-presented
On completion of the apprenticeship, there will be the possibility of a full time position with further prospects to train and develop skills within the printing industry.
Things to consider
We are looking to recruit for this vacancy as soon as possible therefore we may close the vacancy before the advertised closing date if we find a suitable candidate.
Competence and Knowledge qualification:
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
- + Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- + Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration