Receptionist/Business Admin Apprentice at Autotec & David Peel Auto Electricians
Autotec & David Peel Auto Electricians Ltd require a junior receptionist/administrative assistant for a very busy garage to provide a friendly, effective and efficient first point of contact for all customers and visitors and to carry out administrative support duties.
- Answering and handling incoming telephone calls in a timely, professional manner, taking detailed, accurate messages where necessary
- Dealing with routine issues involving visitors, email and postal enquiries in a professional manner
- To ensure all messages, documents, correspondence and deliveries are collected and distributed to the correct internal destination
- Managing and distributing all incoming and outgoing post
- General administrative duties – including filing, shredding, scanning, photocopying
- To accurately complete data tasks as required – including amending/updating customer details, producing documents, electronic and manual diary bookings
- To follow standard procedures for security of confidential data and information, considering GDPR
- Supporting Sales and purchasing where required
- Ensuring the reception area is kept clean and tidy
- Good standard of general education
- GCSE Mathematics C/4 or above
- GCSE English C/4 or above
- Articulate and good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident with IT packages and the ability to process computer-based information.
- Polite and calm telephone manner.
- Previous administrative experience or education desirable.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing to do list.
- Friendly and helpful
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and uses initiative
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team
Progression onto a Level 3 Business Admin apprenticeship. Possible full time employment for the right candidate
Things to consider:
You will be required to attend a first stage interview at Keighley College before a formal interview will be arranged with the employer.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Length of Programme: 12 months
- Mode of delivery: Day Release at Keighley College
Competence and Knowledge qualification:
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
- + Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- + Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Apprenticeship Framework: Business and Administration