Business Admin Apprentice at Silsden Group Practice
Silsden Group Practice are a GP Practice occupying a semi-rural location between Skipton and Keighley. They provide a range of primary care services to the local community. The team require a hard working Apprentice Business Administrator to support them in providing an efficient and timely administration service to the doctors, managers and other practice team members.
Apprentice Business Administrator required to provide an efficient and timely administration service to the doctors, manager and other practice team members.
- Summarise medical records
- Download onto CD Rom inclusion in Lloyd George envelopes and onward transmission to health authority when patients leave the Practice
- Tidy Lloyd George envelopes received into the Practice from non SystemOne Practices, ensuring all papers are in date order and neatly filed
- Ensure all requests for photocopying are carried out in a timely manner
- Send out monthly CRR letters and add blood forms
- Ensure filing is kept up-to-date
- Send out Blood Recall Letters and add blood forms
- Send faxes as requested
- Open and distribute incoming mail 5 days per week and scan onto patients records
- Observe health and safety guidelines at all times
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required from time-to-time
- Send cervical smears taken to St James, downloading smear results and entering on SystemOne.
- Scanning on letters from Hospitals (non AGH)
- Coding scanned letters (non AGH)
- Downloading and photocopying medical records for solicitors and send invoices for payment.
- Check recalls for 2nd CRR letters and send out reminders to patients.
- Check tasks, ring patients, send out Pre-Diabetes Cholesterol letters.
- Make Level 2 Diabetes appointments from tasks sent by Practice Nurses.
- Pathology Inbox Monitoring.
- Good standard of general education
- GCSE Mathematics C or above
- GCSE English C or above
- RSA II Word Processing/Information Technology or similar
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Oral)
- IT skills
- Time Management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Smart, polite and confident
- Planning and organising
- Performing under pressure
- Team working
- Self motivated
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration
Length of Programme: 12 months
Mode of delivery: Day Release
Competence and Knowledge qualification:
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
- Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
- + Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- + Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration