Business Admin Apprentice at Fibreline
This is an exciting opportunity to join a family owned and run business, Fibreline, that is committed to the training and development of its staff. The successful applicant will undergo a structured training plan, working in the three principle business administrative areas of:
Fibreline Ltd has a long and distinguished history. Founded in 1982 the company has pioneered the use of technology in upholstery and has grown to be the largest independently owned upholstery cushion fillings manufacturer in the UK.
Operating from our 50,000 sq ft facilities in Keighley, Fibreline ltd employs over 200 people. Over the years we have invested consistently in technology in all areas of administration, production and warehousing.
Technical Product Specification:
Here you will be involved in helping set up new product specifications on the IT system. You will experience the use of 2D CAD software and help digitise new cushion shapes for production. Working in this department with a team of three others, responsible to the Technical Manager, you will gain a good basic understanding of the product range.
Part of this training process involves visiting some suppliers to get an understanding about how our raw materials are made.
Here you will experience the production planning process. The issuing of production work sheets to the factory and the booking in of raw materials. You will also help with general recording of production data for various departments within the production process.
You will also be introduced to further cad software that controls the production process and CNC equipment on the factory floor.
Sales Order Processing:
Here you will assist in the processing of sales of orders as they are received from our customers. This will further develop your understanding of the product range. You will need to be very accurate in your data inputting and careful in following instructions. This will test your ability to communicate not only with those around you, but also with customers over the telephone.
- C/4 or above in Maths and English (Or Level 1 Functional Skills) plus a good level of IT skills
- College acceptance is subject to completing a maths and English initial assessment and interview
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office
- Wants a career in an office environment
- Mature and reliable
- Can show evidence of prior work experience
- Able to show that they have worked as part of a team, and on their own initiative
- Have an interest in business
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1/2 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 1/2 Functional Skill in ICT
- + Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- + Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration