Apprentice Maintenance Engineer at Acorn Mobility
Due to continued growth, we are now recruiting for an additional apprentice to join our team at our modern and highly equipped manufacturing facility in Steeton, West Yorkshire.
The ideal candidate would need to demonstrate basic practical skills and have a logical approach to problem solving in a technical and evolving industry. The successful applicant will be hands on team player in an environment where versatility is extremely important. You will be working towards your NVQ level 3 in engineering.
Duties the apprentice will undertake:
- Organising routine servicing schedules.
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate.
- Fitting new parts.
- Carrying out quality inspections of machines.
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns.
- Using our MRO process.
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed.
- Keeping production managers informed of progress.
- Working within the Maintenance team.
- Finding and fixing faults and recalibrating instruments.
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts.
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule.
- Responding immediately to machinery breakdowns.
- Manufacturing spare parts within machine shop.
GCSE grades C or above in Maths and English AS levels (or equivalent).
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
- An excellent team player.
- An effective communicator.
- To have a good engineering accruement.
- Ability to plan and work to deadlines under pressure.
- Motivated and forward thinking.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Personable, willing and enthusiastic.
You will need to be:
- Reliable and punctual with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- A pro-active approach to learning and work is essential.
- Degree of maturity required.
- Possibility of full time employment after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
The Engineering Manufacture framework is designed to develop practical skills, knowledge & competence through a mix of learning in the workplace, formal off-the-job training and the opportunity to practice and embed new skills in a real work context.
On completion they will be capable of undertaking a range of duties at operator, semi-skilled, craft or technician level as appropriate within the following engineering sub-sectors: Automotive, Aerospace, Electronics, Mechanical, Marine, Electrical, Metal goods and other transport equipment.
You will be working towards your NVQ level 3 in engineering.