Apprentice Machine Setter Operator – Airedale Springs Ltd
A fantastic opportunity to join an established local business and industry leader as an Apprentice Machine Setter/Operator. Since starting out in 1945 as a traditional family business, Airedale Springs have combined their expertise with advancing technology to become an industry leader in the design and manufacture of springs, pressings and wire forms.
The role is to work closely with the Production Manager to deliver quality products for clients in line with company strategy ensuring quality, safety, production and financial targets are met.
Duties will include:
- Assisting in the setup of CNC and bench machinery for manufacture of springs, wire forms and pressings
- Liaising with material stores to ensure availability of material for the machines
- Maintaining machinery and equipment, working with Machine Setters and the Production Manager to implement and improve quality procedures and processes and monitoring achievement of quality standards
- Implementation and adherence to the Company Health and Safety policy will be required ensuring safe systems of work are adhered to
- Good standards of housekeeping maintained and appropriate PPE worn
- Carrying out other appropriate duties when required according to business needs
GCSE grades C/4 or above in maths and English / AS Levels (or equivalent).
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment and interview.
Level 3 – Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship
Length of Programme: 42 months
Mode of delivery: Day Release
Functional Skills qualifications:
Level 2 Functional Skill in English
Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
Level 2 Functional Skill in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Excellent team player
- Effective communicator
- Organised, methodical worker
- Ability to plan and work to deadlines under pressure
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of computer numerical controlled systems
- Personable, willing and enthusiastic
- Reliable and punctual with the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- A pro-active approach to learning and work is essential.
- Degree of maturity required
- Confident and well-presented
- Good personal hygiene
This is an industry leading business giving good prospects to the right applicant.
Things to consider
Please note, this vacancy is located in Haworth so any potential candidate will need to be able to easily commute here.
For more information on the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices please visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates