Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprentice
Do you strive to become a fully-qualified Vehicle Technician? We are currently looking to recruit a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join our team in Keighley. Duties include: investigation, repair and service of vehicles, producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
- Assist technicians in the repair, servicing and maintenance of Large Goods Vehicles and Vans.
- Assist with vehicle refurbishment, fabrication and modification work.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of a variety of vehicles and computerised diagnostic equipment, improving both technical knowledge and skills.
- Order vehicle spare parts and components as required.
- Complete vehicle inspection sheets, work time sheets and other documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identify, document and undertake vehicle repairs in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Attend training courses and complete all work required within agreed timescales set by your line manager or college tutor. Attend reviews with your line manager and report on learning progress.
- Use and maintain tools and equipment in accordance with applicable codes of practice.
- Assist in carrying out road-worthiness inspections.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with customers and clients.
- Assist with the maintaining of a clean and tidy working environment.
- Cleaning of vehicles and components.
- To communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment and act in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other work required by management which is commensurate with the responsibilities of the post.
There are no formal entry requirements, although GCSE grade A*-C in English and Maths would be beneficial.
- Organised, methodical working skills
- Ability to plan and work to deadlines under pressure
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive behaviours
- Strong practical skills
- Strong team working skills
- Customer service skills
- Reliable and punctual with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- A pro-active approach to learning and work is essential.
- Degree of maturity required
- Confident and well-presented
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
Length of Programme: 24 months
Mode of delivery: Day Release
Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Competence
Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles
Functional Skills qualifications:
Level 1 Functional Skill in English
Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills