Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprentice
West Lane MOT centre are currently looking to recruit a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their team in Keighley. Duties include: investigation, repair and service of vehicles, producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
This is an exciting role and offers outstanding long-term career prospects. The successful candidate will gain practical experience and learn from qualified mechanics who pride themselves on doing only the best job for their customers. This is an apprenticeship opportunity not to be missed.
- Assist technicians in the repair, servicing and maintenance of Large Goods Vehicles and Vans.
- Assist with vehicle refurbishment, fabrication and modification work.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of a variety of vehicles and computerised diagnostic equipment, improving both technical knowledge and skills.
- Order vehicle spare parts and components as required.
- Complete vehicle inspection sheets, work time sheets and other documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identify, document and undertake vehicle repairs in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Attend training courses and complete all work required within agreed timescales set by your line manager or college tutor. Attend reviews with your line manager and report on learning progress.
- Use and maintain tools and equipment in accordance with applicable codes of practice.
- Assist in carrying out road-worthiness inspections.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with customers and clients.
- Assist with the maintaining of a clean and tidy working environment.
- Cleaning of vehicles and components.
- To communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment and act in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other work required by management which is commensurate with the responsibilities of the post.
There are no formal entry requirements, although GCSE grade A*-C in English and Maths would be beneficial.
Candidates will undergo initial assessment to ensure this programme is suitable.
- Organised, methodical working skills
- Ability to plan and work to deadlines under pressure
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive behaviours
- Strong practical skills
- Strong team working skills
- Customer service skills
- Reliable and punctual with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- A pro-active approach to learning and work is essential.
- Degree of maturity required
- Confident and well-presented
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
Length of Programme: 24 months
Mode of delivery: Day Release
Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Competence
Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles
Functional Skills qualifications:
Level 1 Functional Skill in English
Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills