Apprentice Junior Quality Engineer at Gesipa
SFS Group Fastening Technology, Division Riveting – GESIPA UK, is looking to strengthen the Quality Department and have created a new position for someone who is interested in working in a fast paced production environment supporting the manufacture of Fasteners. The role is apprenticeship based and the job holder will be given the opportunity to undertake various qualifications in the field of Quality and progress their career in the company. The successful candidate will follow a recognised apprenticeship program to develop into a fully qualified Engineer.
The Trainee Junior Quality Engineer will work within the quality department to ensure all areas of the manufacturing processes are supported and customers’ needs are met.
- To gain an understanding of all Gesipa product and processing techniques
- Inspection of received goods and final product inspection
- Support of manufacturing procedures
- Supporting Quality with product testing and analysis upon request
- Gain an understanding of the IS09001 :2015 and IATF16949:2016 standards and how this is implemented within the business
- Learn and understand the test equipment maintenance process.
- Develop an understanding of the Core Tools (FMEA, Control Plan, MSA etc.) and how these are implemented within the business
- Develop knowledge of internal and supplier non-conformance process with a view to completion on a daily basis
- Learn and use the SAP computer system
- Any other duties deemed necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role
At least GCSE’s A* – C (9-4) in Maths & English
A science and technology qualification grade C/4 or above
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Competent in Maths and English
- Excellent team player
- Effective communicator
- Organised, methodical worker
- Ability to plan and work to deadlines under pressure
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of computer numerical controlled systems
- Personable, willing and enthusiastic
- Able to work to pre-determined deadlines
- Good mathematical and statistical ability to be able to carry out statistical analysis
- Reliable and punctual with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- A pro-active approach to learning and work is essential.
- Degree of maturity required
- Confident and well-presented
- Conscientious and self-motivated
- Strong appetite for learning and development.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Technical Support
ETB: Quality Control
EAL L3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Technical Support (QCF)
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering drawings and documents
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Preparing & using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Inspecting Mechanical Products
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering (1 year day release)
Option 1 – 6 unit qualification:- Day Release Monday 8:30 – 19:30pm Sept 18 – July 19
Unit 1 – Health & Safety
Unit 4 – Mathematics
Unit 5 – Mechanical Principles
Unit 10 – Materials
Unit 12 – Mechanical Systems
Unit 16 – Engineering Drawing
- Maths, English and ICT at level 2 – On line resources – workbooks. Attending weekly workshops
- Employment Rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking Skills
The program is delivered on a day release basis.
On average 48 months depending on previous experience and qualifications.