Apprentice Joiner at Architectural Building and Joinery
Architectural Building and Joinery are a building and joinery organisation based in West Yorkshire. Their team of Joiners, Bricklayers, Roofers and Ground Workers are fully qualified and capable of undertaking any task, from extremely complex building projects to smaller internal renovations. Architectural Building and Joinery are looking to recruit an apprentice joiner and welcomes anyone to apply for this position who has an interest in the industry or who has already achieved a Level 1 in Joinery and looking to progress on to an Diploma in Wood Occupations apprenticeship.
Duties at intermediate level include –
- Health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Productive working practises in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting structural carcassing components in the workplace
- Installing first fix components in the workplace
- Installing second fixing components in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry in the workplace
- Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines in the workplace
Until the candidate has passed the employers standards, they will not work independently.
GCSEs at A*- C grades in Maths & English or equivalent qualifications.
Punctual, friendly and creative.
- Well presented, good verbal communication and bright and enthusiastic personality.
- Preferably a driving license
Offering Code: 73010-01
Framework title: L2 Joinery
Length of Programme: 12 – 24 months
Mode of delivery: Day release at the Keighley Campus
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of
- Work based assessment (NVQ Certificate QCF)
- Technical Certificate – Not required
- Employee Responsibilities and Rights (workbook)
- Personal Learning and thinking skills
- Functional Skills (project and tests)
Knowledge Based Element
No stand-alone knowledge based qualification is required. The level 2 certificate for Joinery is a combined knowledge and competence qualification.