Apprentice Engineer – West Yorkshire Spinners
We have an exciting opportunity for an attentive individual to take up an Apprenticeship position within our production team. We are an award-winning hand knitting yarn company who provides a friendly and welcoming working environment.
Situated in the original home of the British Worsted Spinning Industry, West Yorkshire Spinners combines state of the art technology with generations of expertise and unrivalled know-how to produce British hand knitting yarns and knitted garments of exceptional quality.
At West Yorkshire Spinners we are extremely proud of our British Heritage, we are one of the few remaining worsted spinning companies left in the United Kingdom. We firmly believe that knowing where our raw material comes from guarantees that the quality of the finished product is consistently high.
Supporting our Production team to deliver quality yarn with our state-of-the-art machinery and facilities.
The principle duties of this role will include:
- Understanding how each machine works
- Attending College to complete the Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Regular machine maintenance
- Learning about preventative maintenance
- Organising spares and repairs
- Learning the importance of maintaining safe working practices
- Liaising with contract Engineers and Electricians
- Any other duties as and when reasonably requested by the management team
Please note, all training will be provided.
GCSE grades C/4 or above in Maths and English (or equivalent).
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Be flexible
- Work as part of a team
- Be able to follow the health and safety guidelines
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be able to commute easily to the factory in Keighley
- To grow with the business and continue to help support the Maintenance Engineer who currently works here
Things to consider
Please note, we are looking to recruit as soon as possible and will make an appointment as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Level 2 – Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering (Operational Performance Engineering Pathway)
Length of Programme: 24 months
Mode of delivery: Day Release
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance and Installation
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Engineering (QCF)
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Improving Operational Performance