Apprentice Bricklayer at JPC Bespoke Building Services Ltd
JPC are a newly established company based in Silsden, started by Jon Cook who has worked in the building industry for over 20 years.
JPC are looking to recruit a keen and hardworking apprentice. The role has the potential to offer many opportunities as the business grows.
The following list is typical of the level of duties which the post holder is expected to perform or be responsible for. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of similar type and level may be expected from time to time.
- To complete the apprenticeship training programme
- To complete the full range of bricklaying and tasks associated with the repair, maintenance and refurbishment of properties (under supervision)
- To attend college as and when required
- To provide feedback by the completion of a log book on a weekly basis, listing the main duties carried out and countersigned by line managers
- To develop good working relationships with colleagues and support them when required
- No prior qualifications are required for the post
- A good general level of literacy and numeracy
- A positive attitude
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to listen and follow instructions.
- A good attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Well presented
- Good verbal communication
- Bright and enthusiastic personality
Offering Code: 73010-01
Framework title: L2 Trowel Occupations
Length of Programme: 12 – 24 months
Mode of delivery: Day release at the Keighley Campus
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of
- Work based assessment (NVQ Certificate QCF)
- Technical Certificate – Not required
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights (workbook)
- Personal Learning and Thinking skills
- Functional Skills (project and tests)
Knowledge Based Element
No stand-alone knowledge based qualification is required. The level 2 certificate for Trowel Occupations is a combined knowledge and competence qualification.