Apprentice Bricklayer at En:able Futures
En:able Futures are a shared apprenticeship scheme provider/employer of apprentices in the construction industry.
EN:Able Futures are excited to be working in partnership with Termrim Construction who are looking to recruit an Bricklaying Apprentice on their site in Sowerby Bridge. Formed in 1976 and still a privately-owned business, Termrim Construction is an award-winning construction company that successfully delivers multi million-pound projects in both the public and private sectors across the North of England and the Midlands.
Main Duties Include:
- Assisting bricklayers as and when required
- Reporting direct to the Site Manager
- Assisting Site Manager in preparation of plots to a pre-plaster NHBC inspection
- Brickwork patching, pointing, sealants
Numeracy and Literacy Skills
Punctual, friendly and creative.
- Keen interest in working in the construction industry
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Good verbal communication
- Ability to undertake and follow instructions
- Ability to adapt to change
- Willing to work towards qualification as part of the Apprenticeship
Offering Code: 73010-01
Framework title: L2 Trowel Occupations
Length of Programme: 12 – 24 months
Mode of delivery: Day release at the Keighley Campus
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of
- Work based assessment (NVQ Certificate QCF)
- Technical Certificate – Not required
- Employee Responsibilities and Rights (workbook)
- Personal Learning and thinking skills
- Functional Skills (project and tests)
Knowledge Based Element
No stand-alone knowledge based qualification is required. The level 2 certificate for Trowel Occupations is a combined knowledge and competence qualification.