Apprentice Assembly Operative at Univer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading manufacturer of Univer, an organisation that manufactures pneumatic equipment. The successful applicants will have on the job training, working closely with our experienced engineers and can look forward to a successful engineering career. This is an exciting role in a continually expanding business.
The main duties will include:
- Various assembly, testing, and production roles
- Working within different project rooms, building assemblies for special projects
- Assisting skilled engineers and working under the production manager/CNC manager
- Assisting with the finish of products cleaning, deburring, and polishing
- Assisting with goods in and out processes
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths would be advantageous
- Experience in using IT applications
- Basic refrigeration skills would be an advantage
- NVQ Mechanical engineering
- NVQ Electrical engineering
- The ability to work to production schedules and meet targets set by production management
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use own Initiative to manage work load
- Competent engineering and diagnostic skills
- Experience of using hand and small power tools safely and competently
- Proven time management skills
- The successful applicant should be a good timekeeper, be able to use their own initiative and work as part of a team to produce work to a very high standard
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
Framework title: Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering
The candidate will complete 3 mandatory units and 3 skill units covering such disciplines as Health & Safety, Working Effectively, Communicating Technical Information, as well as skill specific competences in Hand Fitting skills, Turning operations, and Mechanical Assembly Techniques.
Further develop your knowledge in engineering by completing a 3 skill specific units covering more detailed knowledge of engineering processes and techniques. These will centre around producing engineering drawings and 3D models using CAD software, planning and controlling the manufacture of components/assemblies using machine tools and equipment.
These will be assessed by an internally set exam paper and production of practical work pieces and the writing of detailed reports.