Apprentice Hairdresser – Trinity
We are Jannine, Sue and Sandra, three professional hairdressers who have worked together for 28 years.
At our salon, Trinity Hair Studio near Shipley, Bradford, we are proud of the reputation we have gained for our bespoke cutting & styling techniques and, above all, for the level of customer care we provide. Our decision to introduce wigs to the salon was strongly influenced by comments of encouragement & support from clients affected by hair loss themselves who felt our level of care and attention would be appreciated by others in a similar situation.
If you are interested in this position then please send a CV or apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity is a local salon looking to grow their team and welcomes anyone to apply for this vacancy with an interest in the industry or who has already achieved a Level 1 in Hairdressing, and wants to progress onto a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Duties will include
- Reception (including booking appointments)
- Meeting and greeting clients and providing refreshments
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Tidy and clean salon area as required
Until the candidate has passed the employers standards, they will not work on client’s hair.
GCSEs at A*-C grades in Maths & English or equivalent qualifications.
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
Personal Qualities: You will have good verbal communication and bright and enthusiastic personality.
Skills Required: You will need to be friendly, reliable and punctual and have a smart appearance.
VTCT NVQ Level 2 – Ladies Hairdressing
Length of Programme: 12 – 24 months
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of
· Work based assessment (NVQ Certificate QCF)
· Employee Responsibilities and Rights (workbook)
· Personal Learning and thinking skills
· Functional Skills (project and tests)
· Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
· Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
· Advise and consult with clients
· Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
· Change hair colour
· Style and finish hair
· Set and dress hair
· Cut hair using basic techniques
· Promote additional products or services to clients
· Fulfil salon reception duties
· Cut gents hair
· Perm and neutralise hair using basic techniques (optional)