Customer Service Apprentice – Acorn Stairlifts
Located in the Steeton, Acorn Stairlifts has supplied more than 400,000 high quality stairlifts during the last 23 years.
An Acorn Stairlift is installed somewhere in the world every 8 minutes, and each one is delivered directly from one of three UK factories which employ over 400 people.
This job offers a fantastic opportunity is available to join our busy Service Team to provide customer support and liase with our field engineers. You will learn a wide variety of office skills working with our friendly and highly professional team and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
If you are interested in this position then please send a CV or apply in writing to email@example.com
- Answering calls regarding breakdowns & service issues in a courteous manner and offering a high level of Customer Service
- Resolving minor technical problems over the phone, and if unable to resolve, allocate effectively for a Service Engineer to attend
- Scheduling Service Engineers to attend breakdowns and services
- Plan Engineers routes effectively for the following day and foreseeable future
- Dealing with minor complaints and being aware when complaints need to be escalated to a supervisor
You should be able demonstrate excellent communication both verbal and written and be conscientious in the approach to your work and your development. You should be able to work as a member of the administration team and have good IT skills – Excel / Word.
- Working with the elderly / vulnerable (Desirable)
- Working as part of a team
- Good UK geographical knowledge (Desirable)
- Good telephone manner
GCSE grades C or above in Maths and English.
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
Behaviours and Competencies Needed
You will need to be reliable and punctual and have a smart appearance.
- Verbal communication
- Inspiring commitment
- Planning and managing resource
- To go above and beyond for the company and its customers
Framework title Business and Administration Intermediate Level
Length of Programme: 12 – 15 months
Mode of delivery: Day Release
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
Functional Skills qualifications:
– Level 1 Functional Skill in English
– Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
– Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Stirk Lambert & Co
Please list any other work experience and duration of employment.
Please provide details of your interests outside of work and any other skills you may have, which may be appropriate to your employment.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour from 1st October 2016. This applies to 16 – 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.