Apprentice Hairdresser – Creative Hair Studio
Creative Hair Studio is modern salon specialising in cuts, colouring and ‘up dos’ for every occasion – including celebrity weddings!
If you are interested in this position then please send a CV or apply in writing to email@example.com
Creative Hair Studio is a local salon looking to grow their team and welcomes anyone to apply for this position who has an interest in the industry or who has already achieved a Level 1 in Hairdressing, looking to progress on to an immediate Apprenticeship. Duties will include
- Reception (including booking appointments)
- Meeting and greeting clients and providing refreshments
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Tidy and clean salon area as required
Until the candidate has passed the employers standards, they will not work on client’s hair
GCSEs at A*-C grades in Maths & English or equivalent qualifications.
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
Personal Qualities: You will have good verbal communication and bright and enthusiastic personality.
Skills Required: You will need to be friendly, reliable and punctual and have a smart appearance.
VTCT NVQ Level 2 – Ladies Hairdressing
Length of Programme: 12 – 24 months
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of
· Work based assessment (NVQ Certificate QCF)
· Employee Responsibilities and Rights (workbook)
· Personal Learning and thinking skills
· Functional Skills (project and tests)
· Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
· Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
· Advise and consult with clients
· Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
· Change hair colour
· Style and finish hair
· Set and dress hair
· Cut hair using basic techniques
· Promote additional products or services to clients
· Fulfil salon reception duties
· Cut gents hair
· Perm and neutralise hair using basic techniques (optional)