Introduction to Health & Social Care Level 1 Certificate
Course Code: 72172-01
This qualification will develop the knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s sectors.
|When 10/09/2018||Duration1 year|
This qualification will broaden your knowledge of the various areas within the Health, Social and Childcare sectors. They include the roles played by workers, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others.
In addition to your lectures, you have the opportunity to gain work experience and find out what it’s really like to work in the sector.
There are a wide range of units covered, including but not limited to:
- Human growth and development
- Introduction to a healthy lifestyle
- Understand the range of service provision and roles within health and social care for adults and children
- Introductory awareness of working with others in health, social care and children’s and young people sectors
- introduction to the physical care of babies and young children
- Understand the importance of engagement in leisure and social activities in health and social care
Theory lessons, practical sessions, group/peer work and observations. All units are internally assessed through written and practical assessment methods.
Classrooms, with access to a range of sector-specific facilities.
Students will be able to decide whether they would like to choose Health & Social Care or Childcare at Level 2. After further study, you can gain employment in a care role, caring for children or adults depending on the career path chosen.