Apprentice Sewing Machinist – Specialised Covers
Specialised Covers is an established company with an appetite for growth within the Automotive and Leisure industry. Some of our clients include: Bentley, Audi, McLaren, Rolls-Royce, Lotus, Swift, Elddis and Bailey. In addition to this we have also supplied products to high profile individuals across the world.
We are looking for a Sewing Machinist who has the ambition and personality to work in a fast paced environment, with a passion for ensuring product quality all times. You must have good eye for detail and be able to take and follow instruction, also working under tight deadlines at times.
If you are interested in this position then please send a CV or apply in writing to email@example.com
A fantastic opportunity is available to join our busy but friendly team in a growing company with great prospects for progression.
Sewing Machinist day to day tasks:
- Changing machine settings for different jobs
- Feeding material through a variety of industrial sewing machines
- Stitching together different materials or other items
- Checking finished work against the pattern instructions
- Cleaning and oiling machines
- Sewing different fabrics like cotton, Velcro, Perspex, Webbing and other industrial textiles
GCSE grades D or above in Maths and English.
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
Personal Qualities: You will need to be reliable and punctual and have a smart appearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy and accurate typing skills
- An ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
Skills Required: You should be able demonstrate good communication both verbal and written and be conscientious in the approach to your work and your development. You should be able to work equally as well within team, as on an individual basis.
- Enthusiastic personality
- Able to communicate effectively using verbal and written skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have attention to detail
- Excellent time keeping
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Fashion and Textiles
Level 2 Certificate in Manufacturing Textile Products (NVQ) (QCF)
Knowledge qualifications available to this pathway:
Level 2 Certificate in Apparel, Footwear, Leather or Textile Production (QCF)
Functional Skills qualifications:
– Level 1 Functional Skill in English
– Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
– Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills