Apprentice Precision Engineer – Metalcraft Europe Ltd
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing and forward thinking company that invests in training for it’s staff. Metalcraft have contracts with large national companies and produce work to a very high standard. Using the very latest digital machinery you will learn to set and operate CNC milling machine, CNC lathes as well as basic use of manual machinery. You will also learn to read engineering drawings, reverse engineer components with the knowledge of inspection through use of various precision measuring equipment and machinery.
If you are interested in this position then please send a CV or apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Machining components from various different material
- Set and operate machinery with the correct speeds and feeds
- Study sample parts to produce like for like components, as well as gaining an understanding of engineering drawings. Workings to tight tolerances and customer specifications.
- Learning to monitor quality of work as components go through each stage of development, including visual finish, de-burring, cleaning and measuring.
- Learn to design fixtures and fittings (work holdings) in order to hold and produce various jobs.
- Learn to programme offline using CAD CAM systems.
- Work closely with a team of dedicated engineers to solve problems, come up with ideas and produce high quality of work at all time.
GCSE grades C or above in Maths and English AS levels (or equivalent).
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
Personal Qualities: You will need to be reliable and punctual and have a smart appearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- An ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
Skills Required: You should be able demonstrate good communication both verbal and written and be conscientious in the approach to your work and your development. You should be able to work equally as well within team, as on an individual basis and have good IT skills – Excel / Word
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Confident and presentable
- Excellent team player
- Personable, willing and enthusiastic.