Apprentice Junior Technical Designer – Marsel Display Solutions
Are you interested in pursuing a career in product design? Marsel Display Solutions are looking for someone to develop drawings from a client brief/concept sketches, taking account of all critical factors and working within desired cost and manufacturing parameters.
Marsel Display Solutions are designers and suppliers of bespoke, custom built and tailor-made retail display stands, merchandising units and general point of sale equipment with manufacturing in both the UK and China. Marsel have provided solutions for companies including Adidas, GHD, Kelloggs, Morrisons, Nestle and B&Q.
Marsel are a continually growing organisation who encourage and support their staff to develop and learn. This position could lead to exciting prospects such as senior designer or management within the organisation.
To apply for this position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01535 685 035.
Marsel are currently looking recruit a Junior Technical Designer. This role includes:
- Develop drawings from a client brief / concept sketches taking account of all critical factors and working within desired cost and manufacturing parameters
- Experienced with Solid works
- Work with the supply base to assist with technical queries and to maintain full awareness of manufacturing processes and techniques
- Produce drawings and specifications for manufacture of prototypes and production roll-outs
- Work within strict time parameters in keeping with the demands of retail customers
- React to project alterations and make adjustments promptly and efficiently
- Highly proficient in Solidworks.
- A good appreciation of the relevant manufacturing processes and materials
- Good attention to detail with a disciplined approach to time management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work both independently and in a team orientated collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Flexible and motivated, with a ‘hands on’ approach.
- GCSE grades C or above in Maths and English AS levels ( or equivalent) Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Technical Support
Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Technical Support(QCF)
- Engineering Drawings
- Quality Control
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Computer Control Programming
- Integrated Business Operational Support
- Engineering Software Development
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques*
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations*
- Preparing and using milling machines*
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (QCF)
- Health & Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Engineered Project (Double)
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Properties and Applications of engineering materials
- Computer Aided Drafting for Technicians
- Applications of mechanical systems in engineering
- Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems and devices
- Mechanical measurement and inspection techniques
- Electrical and electronic principles
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 2 Functional Skill in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Employer name: Marsel Display Solutions
Employer Location: Marsel House, Belton Road, Silsden, Nr Keighley, BD20 0EE
Description: Marsel Display Solutions are Designers and Suppliers of Bespoke, Custom Built and Tailor-Made Retail Display Stands, Merchandising Units and general Point of Sale Equipment with manufacturing in both the UK and China.
Hourly Wage: £5.00 per hour
Total Weekly Working Hours: 37.5
Start and end times: 9:00am to 5:00pm